The configuration process for the Netgear Wi-Fi range extender once done successfully means you can start connecting the smart devices to it. However, if you want to view or change any settings, you need to login
In case you have not setup the Netgear range extender on the home network yet, then go to My Wifi Ext Login page and read the setup instructions for your model.
First, confirm that the model number is available in the list and if you are using the mesh Wi-Fi extender, then click on ‘Login to the Mesh Wi-fi extender’ option.
How to login to the ‘Netgear extender login’ page.
- Open a web browser from the computer and mobile device connected to the extender.
- If you are using the router and the extender, then check the extender SSID carefully before connecting to it.
- If there is a different SSID for the extender and the router, then enter the mywifiext in the address field of the browser.
- If the extender and the router use the same SSID or the wireless name, then type the extender IP address in the browser address field.
- Tap ‘Enter’.
- A login page will be displayed.
- Enter the default details in the username and the password field. The username is generally the email address and the password is ‘password’. If you have forgotten the password, you can reset it by clicking on the ‘Forgot password’ link. You may be required to perform a factory reset function in order to reset the password.
- Tap ‘Login’.
- If you find the browser displaying the menu icon, then click on the extender menu.
- Go to ‘Settings’ to view and change the extender settings.
This is all about the steps to log in to the Netgear range extender from the web browser of your computer or laptop. In case you have any problem with Netgear Genie Setup, then you can contact us at our support number and get the required help.