If you have landed on this page, then you are searching for a Netgear WiFi extender setup without Ethernet. Well, another way of configuring the extender with the existing network is by using the WPS method or you can follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- To begin with, reset the settings of your range extender to its factory default. This is possible with the hard reset. You will have to press the reset button from the back of the hardware for 5 seconds.
- The power LED and signal LED will turn off for a while and start blinking again. This confirms the reset has been successfully done.
- Connect the wireless extender to the computer using the Wi-Fi network. Select the name of the SSID from the list.
- Enter the password to connect to it and open the web browser on your computer to open the local web address of your range extender which is My wifi ext net.
- Once you click ‘Enter’ you will find the login page appear. Enter the username and password.
- Both the login details are case-sensitive.
- Read on-screen instructions for the setup wizard to connect the extender to the router.
You can now successfully connect the wireless devices to the extender. If you need further help and assistance, contact the extender experts.