Forklifts, also known as trucks, are widely used in manufacturing facilities, warehouses, distribution points, and other locations that move heavy materials. Choosing the right forklift rental truck, be it a new or used forklift truck, is critical as it can have an impact on operations, productivity and return on investment.
Image Source: Google
First of all, the most important factors are as follows:
- Average weight, volume and height of goods to be lifted
- Type of material to be handled
- Usage information related to hours worked, the total cost per hour and the number and duration of shifts per day
- The area where the truck will be used.
- Accessories necessary for working with materials
- Good for indoor or outdoor work or both
Based on the above, the following features can be considered:
- Forklift capacity for sale. These trucks are rated by the weight they can lift. This capacity can range from 3000 to 35000 lbs. Depending on the size of the load and your future needs, an appropriate capacity should be selected so that there is room for further improvement.
- The height that the truck must reach to load the material.
- The size of the aisle over which the truck will manoeuvre, as standard trucks require at least eleven feet of navigation. If the work area is smaller, a suitable forklift size should be selected.
- What security future do you need? This includes headlights, beeps, and other items sold with your truck.
- Which attachments do you need for trouble-free operation? This includes drums and other special tools for lifting steel ropes and pulleys
• If you want to use an industrial truck every day, pay attention to the comfort while working in the form of an adjustable seat and ergonomic controls to avoid strain injuries.